Grow little one Grow!

pregnancy calendar

Sunday, November 7, 2010

24 Weeks and 5 Days Pregnant

I can't believe its been so long since I've posted!! The feeling of nothing really happening, then my laptop dying, and being way to busy at work to spend my days on the internet :( has seen me heavily neglect my blog!!!!

I got caught in this 'in between phase' of my pregnancy. There was no movement yet, and I was feeling human again, not so tired every second of the day. I just felt like my normal everyday self, but I was getting a bit (lot) fatter.

I couldn't really plan a nursery, or do anything baby realted as I still didn't feel like there was a chance I'd get a baby at the end of this. An anterior placenta also meant I had to wait a little longer to get the reassurance of movement. The lack of reassurance meant I was really really uncomfortable with talking about or doing anything 'baby related'. Even now I feel like I've tempted fate a little by buying things. But we have hardly anything as yet.

The first baby item we got was a car. I had a 2 door, so we got rid of that and got another sedan. Within a week dp and I had swapped cars. So now I've got the 4WD - which I'm more than hapy with :-)

The car was about 6 weeks ago. Then yesterday we actually got some furniture for the nursery. The first 'real' baby purchase DP and I had made. And of course, baby was very quiet all day yesterday, I thought I'd jinxed myself by buying something. I know its silly, but when you've been pregnant so many times, yet still don't have a child..... .well its hard to get excited yet. I am trying very hard though. But come 2am I was woken up with some aerobic action to my bladder, so I felt a little comforted!

I've even taken some items from my sister that we'll be using instead of buying new. This week I'm going off to do my baby shower registery, and from that I should be able to work out everythig we need. I'll then tale the big things off the registry and DP and I will get them adn leave the smaller things to be baby shower gifts. Anything that we dont get we can just pay for after the shower.

I've at least picked a colour for the nursery and I kind of have a theme in mind. I just have to see if its feasible and something I can actually pull out of my imagination and put into a room. I have grand ideas in my head, so I hope the execution is up to scratch. I'm going for a very sentimental and calm room. in my head I can see black and white. As in white furntire, black accents, and then black and white photos. I just need to do it in a way so that the balck isn't too harsh. The plan would then be to accentuate with either blue or pink when 'Fred' arrives (I know its a terrible nickname - but I name EVERYTHING Fred).

So if anyone has any nursery ideas that they want to share... I'm all ears!!!!!!


DP and I spend most of our time staring at the house trying to work out where on earth to put everything. Our house isn't exactly small. We have 3 rooms, lounge / dining, a small rumpus type room and a small landing on the second floor - but we just can't fathom where everythign is going to go. Ebay is already starting to come in handy! I've offloaded a couple of pieces of unused furniture. Some other stuff will go to the tip and some may go to the Salvos. We just need to work out how we are going to set the house up so we know what to keep and what to get rid of.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to see you back. I've been following your blog a wee while and when you didn't post of ages I was REALLY hoping there wasn't something wrong. Exciting about getting started in the nursery....all the best for the next part of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think in a way it is good that I'm not working as i can take good care of them and be around them all the time. I can teach them many things and give them the attention which children need!
    24 weeks pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I have had 4 (possibly 5) miscarraiges between weeks 3-7. Since January of this year, I have either been pregnant, miscarrying, or in between pregnancies.
    Do you have any tips or things that worked for you??? Anything will help!
    http://jennhearn.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete