Grow little one Grow!

pregnancy calendar

Thursday, August 5, 2010

11 Weeks and 1 Day Pregnant

Well I don't think I could have been any sicker this week. I've been hit with a bad bad gastro bug. I actually woke up at 1am on Monday night thinking I was having a miscarriage the cramps were so severe. Then again Tuesday during the day, Wednesday morning and this morning at 4am.


I went to the Dr's today and they weren't really interested in the fact that I had gastro, just said yeah there's a bug going around at the moment. However, they were very worried about the fact that the gastro has caused severe cramping over the past 5 days. Cue referral for emergency ultrasound to check current 'viability status' of the baby. Well, well, well scare the crap out of me why dont you.......

I left my mobile at home on charge so I couldn't even let dp know what was going on!!

Went straight to ulstrasound place, and naturally they said they will fit me in instantl, and I spent the waiting time thinking about how i would let people know that I had lost yet another pregnancy.........

On a side note, ladies (in Australia) with bleeding or cramping, you SHOULD be able to ring your local u/s place and asked to be fit in ASAP as you are having cramping or bleeding. I have never had a problem with this at any u/s place that I have ever been too. Even the medical centre which had an hour and a half wait fit me in staright away because I was having sever cramping due to the gastro.

I waited about 5 minutes and was called by the u/s technician who told me last time about my m/c. I said to him I hope its not an omen that I got him. I also said that if it was bad news that there was no one else I 'd rather hear it from. He looked at my name and said he remmebers scanning me before.

So as he did last time, he turned the screen away from me so he could assess the situation first. Pretty much straight away he turned the screen back to me and pointed out a very obvious (if not upside down) moving baby.

It was kicking and punching and twisting and bending and not keeping still at all. It was hard for him to get a decent still shot to measure from. He had a giggle and said its on its head and then explained what position it is in against tmy body. Feet towards my tummy and head towards my spine.

He got the measurements and they were 11 weeks and 2 days. Which is spot on for their original scan at 6 weeks. Both say a due date of the 22/02/2011. OB says the 24/02/2011 and I say 23/02/2011. SO I'm definitely happy with the measurements.

He pointed out and took images of the limbs, and confirmed that we had two arms and two legs, as well as images of the umbilical cord and the placenta.

After all the measuring was done I told him just how much I appreciated the way he dealt with me last time. I knew I had lost the baby and had just gone in to confirm it, as the hospital scanner was so crap that they couldn't see anythign at all. I told him that the way he treated me, the baby and the situation was more than I could have asked for. And that

I have never forgotten him in the two years since it had happened. Nor had I stopped being thankful that it was him that I ended up with that day. He said he was honestly touched and appreciated hearing that as it such a hard thing for them to do and that he tries to do it with as much dignity and respect as possible. He also said that he had left his old job as it was their policy to not say a word to the patient and just to walk out if there was a problem. I also said as opposed to the poor girl who got me when I had the Ovarian ectopic - she flipped out casue she had no idea what was going on!!!. He got all excited then and said wow was that YOU. We all saw those scans as it is so so rare to come across them, and it was in one of their training sessions!! And that 'Kelly' the poor girl who did that ulstrasound was still only training when that happened - poor girl!

So, in all the panic I forgot to look at the actual size, but I'll go pick up the scans in the next few days (too sick to go back today) and will check then.

NT is in a week, so hopefully the next week will be boring!!!

Oh - I had forgotten to take my phone to the dr's with, decided not to go back adn get it casue I was just going up over gastro. Well poor DP had no idea what was taking me so long and why I wasn't answering the phone!!!!!

Will not leave phone on charge next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment